Zero Kara Hajimaru Mahou no Sho Episode 1 「First Impression」


Well, this anime is another adaptation from Light novel series and to be honest, I wasn't that excited about it. I didn't put in my 20 Anime from Spring 2017 that I'm excited to watch list. But when it came out, I decided to give it a go. Well, very first five minutes is not that exciting. I was debating on continuing the episode but I decided to stick with it. I feel like I made the right decision though.

Plot - I didn't have no idea what this anime is about. I didn't read the synopsis nor watch the PV which I embedded below. The plot turns out to be this beast who is running from humans and witches because he is considered as a rare creature that is worth a lot of money. So a lot of humans and witches want to kill him so that they get the money. On the other hand, Zero, who is a witch travelling alone looking for a book that someone named "Thirteen" from her. They met and Zero asked the beast to be her body guard in turn, she'll convert him back to human being. Then they met a boy who was trying to kill the beast with magic. Zero stopped him from using magic asking where he learnt it. The boy answered that he learnt from the grimoire of zero. Zero said that is the book she was trying to get back and she was the one who wrote the book.

Characters - From the first episode, I cannot really say much about the three characters. I realized that Zero seems strong and the beast has a very kind heart despite of him being a beast. The beast is easy to get really red when Zero teased him. I wonder how will the characters develop from episode 2 onward. I'm looking forward to it.

Well, with the characters like this, there'll be so many doujins coming out very soon I guess. Him very unique. *wink*

Music/Soundtrack - ED - 「Hajimari no Shirushi」by Chima. It was nice to listen to but not a master piece.

Art -  The beast is so cute! The way it is drawn and how he reacts to what Zero told him is very cute. So far, I'm really impressed with the backgrounds. The way the team draws the background is very beautiful. The character design wise, well, I should say it's pretty normal. Nothing very jaw dropping so far.

Will I be watching? - I don't see why not.
Will I be blogging? - I'm not sure.
Will I recommend? - I think you should give it a go. So far, I can't really say whether it's really good or not. As I always say, if you have time, give it a go! I think you'll enjoy a different perspective on how ware-beasts are treated.


Follow
Handcrafted by pipdig