Fast and Furious 8 Review

Well, today, I went ahead and watched the much anticipated Fast and Furious 8 movie starring Vin Diesel. My reaction was only one word, "WHATTTTT!?"

As you all know, this year's movie is the eighth movie from Fast and Furious franchise and they have been getting better and better at it. After the death of Paul Walker, I thought the franchise will have some difficulties producing a new movie because of Paul's passing. Well, after the 7th, which was epic, this movie turns 180 degrees around and made Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) the main enemy his family is facing. Well, I didn't watch the trailer so I went in with my blindfolds on and the concept made me off guard. 

The actual movie wise, well, it was good! It made the audience not able to turn the eyes from the screen, had moments where the audience had some laughter in some situations and some cases pissed off at Toretto for betraying his family which was pretty much the main concept of the franchise. I thought "why are they throwing away the relationship and hard work they put in to build this "family" so easily?" The plot is hella messy. Toretto betraying the family was not enough, they had to put some woman hacker hacking multiple lethal weapons and trying to bomb the hell out to the entire planet.

The actual character development is minimal but Toretto's past is dark as always. The way he act in the movie is like a guy who is trying to carry all of the weight of his past and couldn't move on. I find it cute for the team interacting without Toretto for some reason. I find they had more freedom while messing with each other. It maybe due to new members of the team and I found it hilarious. 

Well, I'm not sure you'll consider this as a spoiler but when Toretto returned to the family, Letty welcomed him with the hugs and kisses. I actually wanted her to punch Toretto (lol) before she actually went and hug him. 

The choice of the movie's music is always a weak spot for me. During FF7, I really liked a few songs from them including the famous "See you Again" but this time round, I love "Good Life" and "Hey Ma" 

The soundtracks are not bad and they actually felt perfect with the movie. 


So, overall - 
Plot - 4.5 / 5
Characters - 3.5 / 5
Music - 4 / 5
Overall -  4 / 5
Here are the trailers.
Follow
Handcrafted by pipdig