Eromanga-Sensei Episode 1「First Impression」


My first impressions were "omg another oreimo type anime!"

Well, can't be helped, this light novel is written by the same author as Oreimo. Even the OP is sung by ClariS. The opening is called "Hitorigoto (ヒトリゴト)" by ClariS. I find the OP not bad but not the greatest song ever though.

Let's talk about what I really think about the anime. To be honest, I'm never really a light novel reader since my Japanese is still not a level of reading kanji properly so I always stick with manga. I'm an avid reader of manga and I have no complaints. I haven't read the manga but I'm pretty sure what kind of plot will be from the synopsis and the trailer.

Plot - I find it pretty typical for light novels which is a genre in Comedy, Drama and Romance according to MAL, having some form of shut-in otaku drawing manga or play games non-stop. From the first impressions, the plot is nothing special to me as it seems pretty typical among others. Well, I decided that this anime will be pretty good to watch when I'm super tired and my brain is not working. It seems fun to watch the siblings fight for ecchi and light novel related stuff which  I don't really see in western countries.

Characters - So far, I only see 2 people as a major characters. Masamune and Saigiri. Let me tell you, Saigiri is so cute! Her tsundere part is so moe for me. She's quite sharp with her words but the way she interact with Masamune is very cute. Masamune on the other hand, I find that he's a pretty typical main character. Coming from Oreimo, although the plot is not entirely identical, there're some parts that I find it similar.

Music/Sound - OP is good but it's not the op that made me listen on repeat. ED is 「adrenaline!!!」by TrySail. If I have to comment on whether I like the ED, I'd say meh~. I don't really like it but I don't hate it either. I don't really feel anything about the song.

Art - The drawing is extremely typical. 「ごめんね~」But when you watch Oreimo, I find the drawing quite similar so can't help but say it's quite similar. But sometimes, it surprises me with ecchi scenes about Saigiri's butt and such so it made me nosebleed.
Overall - Well, I really enjoyed it. It was a show to watch when I just wanted to enjoy the show without thought provoking.

Will I be watching? - I'll give it a go~
Will I be blogging? - TBA
Will I recommend? -  If you have time and you don't mind some quirky anime that is funny, from the first episode, I'd say go ahead. Otherwise, I'll say just skip it. There are a tonne of good ones beside this anime this season.
Follow
Handcrafted by pipdig