Kakegurui Episode 1「FIRST IMPRESSION」

Wow! Just wow! This anime gave me shivers when I first watched it. The facial expressions, the cliche, the intensiveness, it was epic for me.

Plot - When I first read about the synopsis from MAL, I just thought that it will be an anime that is focused a lot on the gambling side like how it focus on volleyball in Haikyuu or basketball in Kuroko no Basket's case. But when the PV came out, I immediately knew that it will focus a lot on the human psychology and how gambling will determine a person's pride and status in this anime. It sounded so spectacular to my brain since I, myself is also a good gambler if I say so myself within the family.

Characters - I find the narrator, Suzui Ryouta, very weak and kinda annoying. Well, no offence to the character since the show is like that so... I can't really say much. Although the MC, Jabami Yumeko, is like a pretentious trash and when she's in the focused mode during the game, she's like AWESOME! She sucks me into this weird fetish world with that red glaring eyes.

Music - OP was epic though. Although it is not my type of music that I listen to but when I listened for the first time, it was really good and interesting to listen. ED was a lot better for me since it's a bit easier to listen for me. OP was a little bit out of the world for me and I couldn't get used to it.

Art/Animation - The art style looks a lot like Prison School although the studios are different and the manga authors are also different since Kakegurui is drawn by Naomura Tooru where Prison School is drawn by Hiramoto Akira. I especially like the way they draw the uglier side of human expressions and put it together in an anime. It was a really excellent choice of the emotions such as pride, greed, fame and so on being used in a manga and anime.



Will I be watching? - I'm not as hyped as other people but I'd be sure to watch this anime. It looks interesting. 
Will I be blogging? - I'll do a review when the series is over. 
Will I recommend? - I recommend it to everyone although I can't guarantee that everyone will enjoy this show. This anime is very specific with the theme and emotions so I'm not sure this will be everyone's cup of tee. But if you have free time, give it a go.
Handcrafted by pipdig